My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Sunday, September 4, 2016

All Artists Are Equal

Hi. It's me. I'm back!

I made a post on here a long time ago on why I thought The Beatles were better than One Direction. At the time, I was proud of how "popular" it had gotten. I was fueled by the comments agreeing with my narrow-minded point of view.

I wrote it during my cringy, middle school hipster phase when I thought anything popular today in pop culture was garbage and that everyone else was a bunch of sheeple. But hey! We all grow out of that weird pubescent hellfire and learn new perspectives!

Today I listen to all sorts of music -- pop and rock alike. Because I have now recognized that every artist deserves respect, no matter how different their art is from your personal taste! If you like synths and autotune, that's great! If you like a good old fashioned guitar riff and raw vocals, cool!

And that post was stupid! And middle school was awful!

And music is art! Art is a community! And One Direction is catchy and cute!

Nobody should care!

Toodles,
Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment