My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Failing at Life and Malaria

Note to self: Knives cut things.

Yesterday, I was using a brand new knife, and I felt too lazy to clean it, so I decided to just wipe it off and put it away (Don't freak out, I was just cutting flax seed). I wadded up some paper towel and started wiping down and before I knew what was going on, I dropped the knife. Pain shot through my finger and I held it against my stomach, noticing that the paper towel soaked in blood. My family noticed my yelp in pain and they asked my what was wrong.

My brother thankfully knew what to do and I was okay in a little while, but I still can feel the effects -- for instance, If I stretch out or put pressure on my finger, it hurts, but also, I can't feel anything on the tip of my finger. It sucks because hands are made for feeling things, right? :(

But if it is permanent, then that means that there will be two places where I can't feel things. My right heel and, of course, my left index finger. My heel got that way after being run over by a full Costco shopping cart, but I'm sure you don't care about that story.

ANYHOW, today my school had an assembly on Malaria in Africa. Did you know that every 30 seconds, a child dies from Malaria? It's terrible, I know.

That's why our school is having a fundraiser! All of the money goes to Med25 International to buy mosquito nets and water purifying drops for people in Africa. Every five dollars earned can buy one of those things. I'm bringing all of the money I can for the cause (and I think I accidentally donated a rupee yesterday)!

Here's the Med25 website: med25.org

Toodles!
Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment