My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Toad Village Failures

Oh, spring is in the air! Everywhere except for where I live, which i covered in icy snow. And the snow came just in time, too, since I had just started a garden when mother nature decided to rain (or in this case, snow) on my parade. I might as well write about it, since I have nothing else to.

Since I live right next to the woods (in fact, half of my 10-acre property is covered by it), I thought that a mystical magical fairy garden would be perfect for the coming warm months. A garden complete with native flowers like Bleeding Hearts and Forget-Me-Nots, along with colorful mushrooms and an adorable toad village.

A toad village is a collection of toad houses (I like to use Terra Cotta pots filled halfway with dirt) and little community pools perfectly frog-sized for our little amphibian friends to enjoy. I purchased many perfectly sized pots and orange river stones for my village which I had started when I faced an unfortunate discovery: The  absolutely perfect spot that I had chosen was on my neighbors' property! Oh well, I have five of my own acres to choose from, so it's only a small setback. Once all of this darn snow melts, then I'll start looking!

My blog post are getting shorter and shorter.

Toodles!
-Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment