My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

NANDEMO-KANDEMO YARIMASHOU!!!

I can now officially announce that I am an otaku. My definition of an otaku is someone who is so attached to the internet and their computer, along with an abnormal obsession anime and manga, that it affects their social life. I crossed out the last part because I don't think it applies to me... but the rest of it does.

I had a blog for a short time called "all the anime spoilers" because I loved telling Rachel everything that happens in the last anime that I watched. Unfortunately for most anime, she tells me that she plans to watch it as well so I can't tell her anything until she's done. Sigh.

You're probably thinking this: "Vienna! I desperately want to know what anime you've watched in your glorious life! Oh, I'm itching to know and I'll be kept up all night pondering it if yo don't tell me!" So I'll tell you.

The anime that got me hooked was Fruits Basket. It's about a girl names Tohru Honda whose parents both died and she was living with her grandpa until he had to make renovations on his house. She lived in a tent in the woods until a very popular boy in her school and his cousin find her and offer her a place to stay in exchange for housekeeping, but they all have a dark secret passed down for generations...

After that, I had to get more, so I turned to one that was animated by the same person who animated Frits Basket. Ouran High School Host Club (OHSHC) is about a very smart middle class girl that is accepted into an academy for the rich. She is looking for a quiet place to study when she stumbles upon the host club. She accidentally breaks a vase a in nervousness, and since she is mistaken for a boy, she is subject to work for the host club to pay off her dept(they find out she's a girl in the first episode, don't worry!).

I then had a hunger for this product of Japanese culture, so I watched Black Butler. It is about a young rich boy who is the head of the family since both of his parents died. He hires a demon butler (for reasons I won't reveal since it's part of the story ;D) in exchange for when he dies, the demon can take his soul.

Next I watched Fullmetal Alchemist. It is about Ed and Al Elric, two brothers whose mother was lost due to sickness. They tried to bring her back to life, but Al ended up losing his body and Ed lost his arm and leg. Throughout the series they are trying to find a way to regain what they've lost, fighting humunculi and Scar along the way.

Now I'm watching Sgt. Frog. It's basically a kid's show, but it can be hilarious at times! There is a band of space-alien frogs that come to Earth to conquer it, but fail miserably. They are constantly making up ridiculous schemes and plans to wipe out humanity. What I don't understand is why they stop each other when they try to hurt humans. O.o

I'm enjoying my adventure.

Toodles!
-Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment