My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pen Pals, Newspapers, and Mad Science

Yay, my teacher likes me!

While I was typing up my project in the computer lab (I'm the fastest typist in the class), my teacher asked me how I would like a pen pal. I smiled and told her "That would be awesome!". At the end of school that day, she handed me a letter and told me to read it and tell me what I think. I read the papers in the rain with Rachel while I was waiting for the bus. One letter had a big font and it was about a girl named Haley in Oklahoma. She wrote about her interests and asked a few questions. The other letter explained what it was.

Apparently, one school somewhere had a student write a letter to a random student in a random school somewhere else in the country. They would exchange four letters as pen pals, then the student that received the letter must do the same thing the first student did. This sets off a chain reaction in schools across the country-- and my teacher asked ME to do it! Yay! I would put the letter on the blog, but I don't want to reveal personal information.

MOVING ON! My buddy Kat is making a newspaper, and she wanted me to participate. I'm in charge of the science section and the weekly recipe section... and probably something else tat I forget.

She wanted me to do the science section because my science explanations are so fun. But I don't know how to do that in text, since usually I use funny voices and wild hand voices that yo can't write down. Darn. I'll figure something out.

SPEAKING OF SCIENCE, the school science fair is coming up! I'm stuck in a rut between two really cool sounding ideas: hydroponics using water that fishies lived in for nutrients, or an idea that I thought of myself, which is "Do some learning styles have an advantage over IQ tests?". I would appreciate feedback in the comments for which one I should pick!

Toodles!
-Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment