My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day Extravaganza!

This was written on Monday, but I was too lazy to revise "yesterday" to "two days ago". :P

Yesterday was Father's Day! Yes, I was ever so kind to my father and tried my best to make him happy. Our day went like this:

My brother wakes me up so that I can "help him" make breakfast. Instead, it turned out, all that he did was slice the peppers and sausage. I was the one who did all of the cooking and cleaning up! I cooked the eggs, fried the onions, and burned my hand pretty bad in the process.

After that, I made some roast beef, Swiss cheese, jalapeño, and bell pepper sandwiches; toasted up and wrapped in foil. My father, my dog and I soon set out for the trail, which was an old logging road from I'm guessing about 100 years ago. The ice storm (last year? this year? I don't know... I think it was last year) had blown down some trees over the tail that we had to crawl under or step over, which made it more fun or me... for some reason.

We got to the end of the trail, which is a place we call "the campsite", even though I'm sure no one camps there. It's a clear space on a steep hill overlooking a rushing creek, with an umbrella of trees to block the warm summer sun. We ate our sandwiches, which proved a little too spicy for my dad, who ate almost the entire bag of nuts to make the burning in his mouth go away! But he insisted that he loved the sandwich, so that's good. My dog got some kibble and water.

I had brought a knife with me for various reasons, and I took it out to try to carve my initials into a tree, but I had never been good at that, so it turned out to be chicken scratch. But my dad saw the knife as an opportunity. He occupied his time by throwing it at a tree, trying to perfect his throw, I guess. He had a fun time with it.

We  cleaned up and took off, and the trip back was very quick. When we got to the head of the trail. we heard some roaring thunder and it started to sprinkle. We walked back home and were relieved to finally rest. We had a very fun time!

Here are the pictures:










I live in such a pretty place. : )

Toodles!
-Vienna



No comments:

Post a Comment