My -glorious- STUPID AREGARLEBLEH life

I made this blog as a way to talk to people because I always feel like no one wants to listen to me. Talking about my experiences is one of the great things I like to talk about, so I hope at least one person finds it worthy of their time.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Why The Beatles are better than One Direction (Part 2)

YO! IMPORTANT: before you read this, read my newest post, "All Artists Are Equal"

I'll admit, I didn't do my research on 1D. I was basing my answers on the reasons on the original post that some person made somewhere at some time about that one thing. It seems that we have an expert on 1D in the audience that has enlightened me with knew knowledge on them, that I will now work off of to make a more accurate report. Enjoy.

1. The Beatles, as a whole band, have been awarded 14 gold records in the U.K. Paul McCartney, the bassist, has been awarded 17 in the U.K. and 20 in the U.S. The Beatles have only won, I'll admit, 13 awards and have only been nominated for 35, but that's probably because there were less awards to win back then (not that I'm making excuses or anything)!

2. There are very few songs that The Beatles performed and didn't write. They had only produced 21 covers out of their entire collection of  over 200 songs. The covers were mostly in their early years when they were just starting, and the rest they just did for fun here and there. One Direction, apparently, wrote some of their songs, an performed in some of their songs, but mostly, they are written for them and they don't play most of the instruments.

3. As I said in part one of this... uh... series, you could call it, I mentioned that The Beatles were pretty much brothers. They shared their hotel rooms, rode in the same car (okay, maybe that wasn't their choice)... the list is endless, but their producer said something about it so it's legit. *puts on reading glasses that I don't need and looks over a piece of paper* And it says here that that's pretty much the same with 1D, so I guess I can't bash it. BUT The Beatles DID NOT break up because they didn't like each other. Yes, they were fighting at the time, but after a while of being apart, they were besties again.

4. Aaaaaaaaaand it says here that 1D wanted to "master" the art of song, and that's why it took a year. Well, all this says to me is that they were too inexperienced to begin quite yet. The Beatles had been playing for a very long time before they recorded their first album, therefore, they knew their stuff. Besides, I'm sure that Johnny's throat got better after a week or so. It was just a cold.

5. John Lennon, the rhythm guitarist who started the band, was interviewed in 1971, and was asked if the songs of his "Give Peace a Chance" and "Power to The People" were propaganda songs, and he replied: "Sure. So was 'All You Need Is Love'. I'm a revolutionary artist. My art is dedicated to change." He also created the "Hair Peace, Bed Peace" thingy. Yeah. I haven't heard a word of 1D being dedicated to change for the better.

6. Here's a reason that I really like: One Direction COPIES The Beatles. "All You Need is Love" was written by, you guessed it, the one and only BEATLES! And guess what? Their album cover or whatever that picture is from... them walking across the crosswalk together? Look up "The Beatles Abbey Road album cover" on Google Images. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

7. I don't see why changing names is a bad thing. I find it good, because they made their band perfect before they got too popular. If they had kept it to the original "Quarry Men", they probably would have been real sick of it forever. :P

8. I'm too lazy to write this one.

9. Yeah, having long hair wasn't the style then, and according to this expert over here, still isn't! Their hair was unique and fun, and gave them a sort of "trademark" that the fans could hold onto and associate with them. It kind of gave them a way to be "The Beatles", and no one else. Of course, long hair went into style later in the 60's, but that's not important.

10. The Beatles did do charity concerts, as a matter of fact. A quote from my sources: "On 09/20/1964 (8:30pm) - The Beatles concert is held at The Paramount Theater in New York City as a charity benefit for The United Cerebral Palsy of New York City, and The Retarded Infants Services. 3682 tickets are sold for this 3650 seat theater for up to $100 each." That's $368,000! And that's only one instance. I couldn't seem to find any more, but if I do, I'll let y'all know.

Taha-Oodles, my people!
-The FABULOUS Vienna

P.S. Dear Sir or Madam Expert: If you just so happened to be trolling, it didn't make me mad. It just motivated me. Thank you for giving me more prompts to write about how superior The Beatles are to 1D. Have a wonderful day. : )

P.S.S. The Beatles were not selfish! HUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment